- Just In
- Coming Soon
- ASEPTIC & UHT
- DAIRY PROCESSING
- TANKS & VESSELS
- MIXERS & BLENDERS
- CIP PLANTS
- FOOD & DRINKS
- SOLID PROCESSING
- LIQUID PROCESSING
- PACKING & WEIGHING
- SERVICE EQUIPMENT
- COMPLETE PLANTS
- ONLINE SHOP
Who We Are
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd registered office is at
Broomhouse Industrial Park,
We are a company registered in Scotland with registration number: SC255706. We are the controller of personal data processed in connection with this policy.
On what basis we collect Personal Data
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect is as follows:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Contact Name
- Business Email
- Mobile \ Company Telephone Number
We collect information in the below ways:
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to however, as this information Process Plant and Machinery Ltd is required for to provide you with our services/contractual obligations or deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice
The legal bases for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address;
- Where it is otherwise necessary in connection with a contract;
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes;
- Where it is necessary in our legitimate interests, as long as these are not outweighed by the interests of the individual;
- We do not generally rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending marketing communications via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to supply you with services and information;
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
- Verify identity, which may include natural persons where a contractual relationship is proposed or exists, in order to assess credit and other commercial risks to our business;
- Provide you with information, news, events and activities that is relevant to the goods or services that we are contractually providing to you or consuming from you;
- Provide you with news, events and activities, for which you have consented to us to do so;
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
If the bases or purposes for processing your personal data change, we will update this Policy accordingly.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including where we have a statutory or regulatory obligation to retain the Personal Data
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Links to Third Party Sites via Website
These other sites will have separate privacy and data collection practices.
We do not have responsibility or liability for these independent policies nor for the content security or privacy practices of those sites.
Who else has access to your Personal Data
Our businesses are Process Plant and Machinery Ltd and its sister company PPML Assets Limited.
To ensure that our business operates in an efficient and complaint manner, our businesses share internal systems, controls and management. Personal Data provided to one of our businesses may therefore be processed by another, either as part of providing you/providing us with goods and services for which we have a contractual obligation or in order to manage our own business (the latter supports our ‘legitimate interests’ as a business).
In order to provide you/us with the goods and services that we/you have agreed to provide, there are a number of 3rd parties who may need to process your Personal Data:
- Licensed credit reference agencies;
- Product and service providers whom we may be contractually obligated to engage with on your behalf;
- Insurance providers and intermediaries that are engaged to mitigate risks to our business;
- Other 3rd parties, based upon us fulfilling our contractual agreement, for example transport companies who are contracted to deliver goods to client facility;
- Any statutory, governmental or regulatory body that requests Personal Data and that we are obliged by Law or regulation, to provide;
- 3rd party Institutions which you may have entered into a contract with, whilst in the course of your engagement with Process Plant and Machinery Ltd. You should be aware that the 3rd party will become the ‘data controller’ of any of the Personal Data that is provided to them either by you or by us, with your consent, however if your engagement with Process Plant and Machinery Ltd were to end, this would not end your engagement with the 3rd party.
Whenever we transfer or make available your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented where necessary:
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
You have the right to access any personal information that Process Plant and Machinery Ltd processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed;
- How long we intend to store your personal data for;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source;
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to restrict or object to processing. You may also withdraw consent where we rely on your consent as the lawful basis for processing. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
How do we Safeguard Personal Data
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- Keeping Personal Data up to date, as much as possible
- Only storing information in secure locations
- Protecting Personal Data from loss, Misuse, Unauthorised Access and Disclosure
- Ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data
- Restricted Access
- IT Authentication
- Firewalls, Updated Anti-Virus/Malware etc
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd take your privacy seriously and will only process your personal data in accordance with the terms stated in our Privacy Notice. If you would like more information about the collection and processing of your personal data, please let us know by contacting via the following:
Tel: +44(0)1576 205895
Fax: +44(0)1576 208728
Or, write to:
Process Plant and Machinery Ltd,
Broomhouse Industrial Park,